Oral hygiene is very important as it affects your overall health. The cavities and tooth decay are required to be carefully treated. It is one of the most common oral health issues that is affecting the life of millions of people in all over the world. Usually, it is observed that children, older adults, and children are its victim. Well, anyone can possibly get the cavities.
You may wonder about the reason that plays its role in the occurrence of tooth decay. Usually, a bacterial infection plays its role in forming a cavity in your teeth. The bacteria causes destruction and demineralization of the hard tissues in your teeth. Specific factors may enhance the risk of getting cavities involving foods that stick to your teeth for a long time, unavailability of enough fluoride, worn fillings, frequent snacking, frequent sipping, and poor oral hygiene. Eating disorders may also be a part of this serious oral issue.
Some of the common symptoms of the problem are as follows;
• Mild to sharp pain when drinking or eating
• A toothache
• Pits or visible holes in the infected tooth
• Tooth sensitivity
• White, brown, or black stains on the surface of the tooth
Why Treatment Is Necessary?
Treating your problem is necessary as if you don’t go for the treatment, you may get an infection, severe toothache, or even lose your tooth. Well, you may go for dental implants, root canals, or fillings for this purpose. Don’t you want to go for such treatments? Do you want something homemade? You can get a solution in your desired way. Home remedies can assist you to get rid of the tooth decay. Hence, it depends on the severity of the problem.
Home Remedies To Cure Tooth Decay
Following is a list of some beneficial home remedies that can provide you benefits in curing your tooth decay. Read on to know more!
When it comes to the treatment of tooth decay, the name of clove comes first in the mind. It is helpful in treating different kinds of dental issues. It can help to prevent the decay from spreading by using its analgesic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties.
How To Use?
• Take 2 to 3 drops of clove oil.
• Take a ¼ teaspoon of sesame oil.
• Mix them and apply the mixture on the affected tooth with the help of a cotton ball.
• You should repeat this procedure on a daily basis before going to bed to get effective results.
Salt is also a natural ingredient that is used to treat the problem. Its antibacterial and antiseptic properties work amazingly to treat your tooth decay.
How To Use?
• You can use it by dissolving its 1 spoon in a glass of warm water. Use this procedure for almost 3 times in a day.
• Another way to use it to take some lemon juice or some amount of mustard oil. Mix half teaspoon of salt in it. Use this paste to get rid of the cavity. Massage your gums gently with this paste for a few minutes. After that, use warm water to gargle. Repeat this procedure twice a day.
Usually, this natural ingredient is used to provide relief from the pain that you feel due to the cavity. It contains both anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. These properties assist to prevent tooth decay and keep your gums healthy.
How To Use?
• Take a half teaspoon of the turmeric powder. Mix a little amount of mustard oil in it and massage your gums and teeth with the help of this mixture. Leave it on for almost 10 minutes, and then spit it out.
• Another way to use it to take a little amount of the turmeric powder and apply it on the affected tooth. After that, rinse it with warm water after a few minutes.
You may use these remedies for twice a day to get best possible results.
Garlic is rich in antibiotic and antibacterial properties. Usually, it is recommended for the treatment of tooth cavities and tooth decay. Also, if you are feeling pain in your teeth or gums, it can give you relief.
How To Use?
• You can simply take some amount of garlic oil and apply it on the affected area to get a quick relief from discomfort and pain.
• You may also eat a raw garlic on a daily basis and you will get effective results.
• Take almost 3 to 4 garlic cloves, crush them, and add ¼ teaspoon of rock salt in it. Apply this paste on the tooth that requires treatment. Leave it for 10 minutes and then rinse your mouth.
5. Oil Pulling
One more effective remedy is to use oils to reduce cavities. It is an old technique used by ancients. But still, it works wonders. Also, this therapy assists in treating bad breath and bleeding gums. It helps your mouth to get cleaned from harmful bacteria.
• Take 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and keep it in your mouth. (You may also use coconut or sunflower oil).
• Swish it after almost 20 minutes.
• Avoid swallowing or gargling it and spit it out.
• After that, rinse your water with the help of warm water.
• Brush your teeth.
• You may use this procedure on every morning with empty stomach.
Additionally, you may use following tips to keep your teeth and gums healthy. Have a look!
• Use warm water to rinse your mouth after every drink or snack.
• If you drink any kind of acidic beverage, then rinse your teeth with warm water and brush your teeth properly.
• Drinking black and green tea can reduce the formation of plaque.
• Also, you may include it in your habit to chew sugar-free gum. It will help to stimulate the production of saliva. As a result, you will get strong teeth.
• Foods and beverages with sugar create So, reduce their usage.
• Taken diet high in fiber.
• Include vitamin D supplement in your diet.
• Eat cheese on a daily basis to gain relief from cavities.
Hopefully, the above-mentioned remedies and tips will be helpful for you to treat tooth decay at home. In this way, you can live with a healthy smile.